Happy Thanksgiving. Help your preschool understand that this holiday is both a time for thanks and for giving. Reminder that we will not meet this week for Preschool Beginnings on Wednesday night.
Also, if you did not get your Christmas Pack on Sunday be sure to get one this week. Advent begins this coming Sunday and there is a devotion booklet to guide you through the season along with other family activities focused on Christmas.
There are 2 new resources in the Church on Mill Book Stall for families. Check them out this Sunday.
1. Have you seen the video series from Phil Vischer (Veggie Tales guy) called “Buck Denver asks What’s in the Bible?” These are a wonderful chronological presentation of the Bible for preschoolers and children. The segments are 25 minutes and have 2 per DVD. In the book stall are copies of “Why Do We Call It Christmas?” This is a longer, 1 segment DVD.
2. Are you kids missing cards from Gospel Project? You might check their cubby to see if they are there. Or you can now purchase a set of cards. One set is $2.50. This is one unit’s worth of cards. There are also full sets of cards from the beginning to the unit we will begin next available for $15. Do be careful when you purchase cards because they come in both a preschool version and a children’s version. These cards are a wonderful home conversation starter.
3. Coming November 24 at our Thanksgiving Dinner, Andrea will be handing out Family Christmas Packs filled with activities and Bible discussions your family can do throughout the Christmas season, including a booklet to guide you through celebrating Advent. One per family.
We began Gospel Project in January 2013 and we have made it to part of the Bible where Israel complains to God that they want to have a King like everyone else. This is a great unit to talk with your preschoolers about Jesus being King and what that means as He leads our lives, loves us, provides for us, protects us. It’s also a great time to talk about the word OBEY and why we listen to God.
Keep using your Big Picture Cards at home to have discussions after each preschool church lesson. Don’t forget about the Gospel Project App too. This app has all the videos and music we use plus coloring pages, games, and Big Picture Question.
It’s time for a new session of Preschool Beginnings. Each Wednesday starting August 14, 6:30-8:00pm, our preschoolers ages 2-Kinder will explore the life of Jesus. They will walk together through His life focusing on Isaiah 53:1-6. The class begins on the Preschool playground then moves to room 5 for talk time, look & listen, tell it back, group project, centers, prayer/snack/verse. If your child has food allergies or sensitivities please feel free to bring your own snack.
At 7:30 our preschoolers will move to room 3 for music time. Please pick up your preschooler at 8:00pm.
Child care will be provided for infants/toddlers in room 1. until 8:00pm
On Wednesday, August 7, 6:30-8:00pm our preschoolers will have a fun night of water play. Have your preschooler come in a swimsuit, sandals, and please bring a towel and water bottle. Lesley Murphy will be leading this play time.
Child care will be provided for our infants/toddlers during the First Wednesday adult class.
Thanks everyone for a wonderful week of Kingdom Rock VBS. We learned to Stand Strong for God.
Pray for our offering as it heads to Scotland and 20Schemes – both money and pen pal letters.
Here are some God Sightings from our VBS week:
- I saw my son praying and talking about God more than usual thanks to VBS.
- free oil change
- new family of birds on front porch is a reminder that God will take care of you and answer prayers
- song on KLOVE spoke to me about how I am redeemed
- I accepted God into my heart
- animal sounds
- new friends from China came to VBS
- the Bible and the Gospel
Full page photo
Sign up now at www.churchonmill.com/vbs for Kingdom Rock Vacation Bible School. Kids will learn how to stand strong for God. We will look at what helps us stand strong – God’s love, family and friends, prayer, trusting God, and the Bible.
VBS is Sun-Th June 23-27 from 6:15-8:30pm. VBS is for preschoolers ages 3-5. Completed kindergarteners register as a child and will be in the children’s are for VBS. Child care for the under 2 kids is provided for VBS staff. Please register if you need child care.
Our missions offering for the week will go to support a ministry in Scotland called 20 Schemes. Check it out www.20schemes.com.
T Shirts will be available to purchase on June 16 and during VBS. $5 for child sizes and $8 for adult sizes.
This Sunday in Preschool our Gospel Project question is Why did God require a blood sacrifice?
Why did God require a sacrifice of blood? Simply, God is holy and because of that His forgiveness requires a sacrifice. The Book of Romans teaches us that the penalty for sin is death. The ultimate example of a substitution for sin is, of course, Jesus Christ. Christ died so that sinners wouldn’t have to die for their sin.
This is the last Sunday of our school year. The next Sunday, June 2 will be our Promotion Day. Our Preschool classes are based on the age of your preschooler in June. If your child’s birthday is in June you may choose to promote now or wait until our January promotion. Preschool Church is for preschoolers ages 3-Kindergarten. If your child is promoting to the 3′s age group remember to pick him/her up after Sunday School, attend worship together, then help your child connect with the Preschool Church teacher on the patio when the children are dismissed. If your child will be beginning 1st Grade this fall then your child is now a part of the children’s ministry and will begin attending Sunday School and Children’s Church in the children’s building.
Another reminder – please be sure to check your child in each morning using the security stickers at the welcome window. We need you to fill one out each time you are at church. The large sticker with your child’s name and your phone number go on your child’s back. Then whomever will be picking up the child needs to have the small sticker with the number to match your child’s number. Please help us keep our little ones safe.
Why is the Passover important? God saved His
people at the first Passover.
God rescued His people from the hands of the Egyptians by the shedding of blood. The sacrifice of a lamb and its blood over the doorpost was the only thing that kept the family inside safe from the wrath of God. Through the shedding of Jesus’ blood, we no longer have to face the punishment of eternal separation from God because of our sin. Jesus died so we wouldn’t have to.
Parents will worship through communion this Sunday in worship remembering God’s provision for sin. Our preschoolers will be answering the question Why is the Passover important? Have some great home conversations in preparing for Sunday.